Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu
Palm Beach County Immigration Attorney LawPay
Schedule a Consultation Today ~ Hablamos Español 561-478-5353
Palm Beach County Immigration Attorney > Blog > Immigration > Which US Visa Lets Me Bring My Wife and Kids?

Which US Visa Lets Me Bring My Wife and Kids?


Relocating to the United States can be an exciting prospect, but the thought of leaving your wife and kids behind might stop you from making the move. Fortunately, a number of US visas allow you to bring your spouse and children with you. In many cases, your close family qualifies in an almost automatic fashion – and it should be easy to bring your loved ones along. Which visas should you prioritize?

Intra-Company Transfers 

If you are an employee, executive, or manager of a foreign company and your superior transfers you to a US-based affiliate, you can bring your spouse and children along for the ride. This is called the L-1 Visa, and it is very popular among business professionals around the world. Technically speaking, this falls into the category of “nonimmigrant worker” visas, which means that you can only stay for a set period of time. During this time, however, your spouse and unmarried children (under 21) can come with you and live in the United States. Even better, your spouse can take additional steps to gain employment authorization – and your children can pursue educational opportunities.

Investor Visas 

Another option is an investor visa – also known as the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program. If you successfully obtain this visa, you will get permanent residency status – allowing you to stay in the country indefinitely. Even better, your spouse and children can apply for their own Green Cards to relocate seamlessly with you. As Green Card holders, your spouse and children can work and live in the country. They can also pursue various educational opportunities – just like full US citizens.

H1-B Visas 

H1-B visas are for skilled or specialized foreign workers. This nonimmigrant visa program allows you to relocate to the United States, pursue in-demand employment opportunities, and potentially obtain permanent residency status down the road. Your spouse and children can also come to the United States and live with you while you work. However, the process is slightly different compared to investor visas and intra-company transfers. In order to obtain their own nonimmigrant status, your spouse and children must apply for H-4 status. This is a separate application process, and you might want to learn more about it alongside a qualified, experienced immigration lawyer.

Additional Options 

There are many other options for those who want to bring their spouses and children into the country. If you are a United States citizen or permanent resident, your spouse might become eligible for a Green Card simply due to their relationship with you. You and your spouse can also apply together for different visas at the same time, perhaps raising your chances of successfully gaining entry into the United States. To discuss your full range of options, consult with an immigration lawyer.

Find a Qualified, Experienced Immigration Attorney in Palm Beach County 

If you’ve been searching for a qualified, experienced immigration lawyer in Palm Beach County, look no further than the Devore Law Group. Over the years, we have helped numerous immigrants and their families secure new homes in Florida. Although the US immigration system offers numerous opportunities, you shouldn’t have to leave your family behind to experience them. Book a consultation today to pursue your unique family goals alongside a qualified immigration lawyer.




Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

© 2019 - 2024 Devore Law Group, P.A. All rights reserved.
This law firm website and legal marketing is managed by MileMark Media.

  • facebook
  • twitter
  • linkedin
Contact Form Tab